I was first made aware of the horrors of childhood cancer last year during the Stand Up to Cancer telethon. During the broadcast, Taylor Swift performed a hauntingly beautiful song called "Ronan," named after a beautiful little boy who died from neuroblastoma just days before his fourth birthday, and less than a year after being diagnosed. Taylor had been following his story for quite some time, after discovering the blog written by Ronan's mother, Maya Thompson. Though Taylor wrote the song on her own, Maya is credited as a co-writer because it was all those heartbreaking details in the blog that inspired the lyrics to the song. "Ronan" is available on iTunes, and all proceeds go towards cancer research.
Video from YouTube user Kirk Kelly
See HERE for more info on this nail art
I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I remember your little laugh
race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs
I love you to the moon and back
If you donate to The Ronan Thompson Foundation, you could win this special Indigo Bananas polish called "For Ronan." You can only get this polish by winning this giveaway.
Photos by Indigo Bananas. Please note that the swatch photo
is more color-accurate than the bottle photo.
1. You MUST e-mail me a screen shot (to email@example.com) proving that you donated to the Ronan Thompson Foundation. Be sure to also include your full name in the e-mail. When you fill out the Rafflecopter form, please state your full name AND e-mail address (the one you used to e-mail the screen shot) in the fields provided. I will not use this information to spam you or do anything of that nature. It is simply to provide proof of entry and to avoid any confusion. If you absolutely cannot figure out how to do a screen shot or send an image, then forward your receipt to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. You must state what country you live in when filling out the Rafflecopter form.
3. If you fail to properly complete all parts of the Rafflecopter form, you will be disqualified. If you are found to have lied about your donation, you will be disqualified.
4. This giveaway is open to both US and international readers (except Italy)! The prize will ship directly from Indigo Bananas, so if you live in a really strange place and are unsure if Indigo Bananas will ship to you, contact the brand directly.
5. You are NOT required to follow/Like/etc The Sparkling Hoard/Indigo Bananas (though it's certainly appreciated if you decide to do so).
6. Any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com .
7. Giveaway starts now and ends at 12am Eastern on September 15, 2013
8. ANY amount is fine. Even if you can only afford to give $1. You also do NOT have to tell me how much you donated. You can edit out that information or send a strategically cropped screen shot. It's fine and I will not judge you for it! I just want to see people donate something...anything.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Please donate. Please spread the word.
Photo from www.rockstarronan.com
I am not associated with The Ronan Thompson Foundation. I am not associated with Taylor Swift. I am not associated with the Thompson family. All products used purchased by me. Prize donated by Indigo Bananas.