When I was planning all this earlier in the year, I had originally intended on just doing a fundraising giveaway for The Ronan Thompson Foundation. However, when 13-year-old YouTube Beauty guru Talia Castellano passed away from cancer this summer, I decided I wanted to do something for her favorite charity as well.
BASE Camp Children's Cancer Foundation provides much-needed support to children and families facing cancer and life-threatening hematological illnesses. Their mission helps families financially, provides happy moments for sick children, and gives parents, siblings, and children of sick people the opportunity to interact with peers facing the same problems. Read more about their services HERE and their mission HERE.
When Talia passed away, several indie polish makers created polishes in memory of her, and donated money earned from the sale of these polishes to BASE Camp and other charities. One such indie was Enchanted Polish, who created "A Little Fishy Told Me" and donated $3,800 to BASE Camp.
Weird hand position, I know. I was having trouble with my hands.
A Little Fishy Told Me is sort of a pastel seafoam with bright blue shimmer and a linear holographic effect. The holo effect is a bit on the weak side, but it's still quite beautiful and ethereal. The formula was nice, and only two coats were needed to reach full opacity. Dry time was average.
A Little Fishy Told Me is no longer available, but you could win a bottle of it right here!
1. You MUST e-mail me a screen shot (to firstname.lastname@example.org) proving that you donated to BASE Camp Children's Cancer Foundation (Go to www.basecamp.org (linking it results in an error for some reason, so please enter the url manually), then hover over "give," click "donate" and scroll down to "pay by credit card"). Be sure to also include your full name in the e-mail. When you fill out the Rafflecopter form, please state your full name AND e-mail address (the one you used to e-mail the screen shot) in the fields provided. I will not use this information to spam you or do anything of that nature. It is simply to provide proof of entry and to avoid any confusion. If you absolutely cannot figure out how to do a screen shot or send an image, then forward your receipt to me at email@example.com .
2. If you fail to properly complete all parts of the Rafflecopter form, you will be disqualified. If you are found to have lied about your donation, you will be disqualified.
3. This giveaway is US-only
4. You are NOT required to follow/Like/etc The Sparkling Hoard (though it's certainly appreciated if you decide to do so).
5. Any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
6. Giveaway starts now and ends at 12am Eastern on September 29, 2013
7. ANY amount is fine. Even if you can only afford to give $1. You also do NOT have to tell me how much you donated. You can edit out that information or send a strategically cropped screen shot. It's fine and I will not judge you for it! I just want to see people donate something...anything.
Product purchase by me. Prize purchased by a friend. I am not affiliated with BASE Camp. I am not affiliated with the Castellano family.