Second, I want to apologize for the lack of posts, not doing Halloween nail art, etc. A close relative has recently received a devastating medical diagnosis and my family is a complete mess over it. The whole situation is very emotionally and mentally draining and I just haven't been able to concentrate on blogging and art.
In an effort to get my mind off of things, I had some fun this weekend!
I visited Ross Mill Farm & Piggy Camp on Saturday!
Then I went to a street fair to meet the owner of Dollish Polish on Sunday! I got a hug and bought some great polish!
Then today, I decided to see if I could get out of my funk and get some nail art done. It didn't go very well, but I think it still turned out pretty cute! Problems I ran into:
- I used Elmer's Glue as my base coat, so the polish separated from the nail at the cuticle. It usually doesn't do that.
- The moon and one of the owls turned pink after I added top coat. I have no idea what happened. I painted over the moon with white polish, but I left the pink owl (middle finger) alone.
- Top coat messed up the owls' eyes, so I had to paint over them, wait a while, and top coat them again. As a result, those nails (and also the thumb) ended up super thick.
- The general shape of each owl wasn't as perfect as I wanted it to be.
That thing I'm holding is a weird spider web lollipop!
- Background-Elevation Polish Jungfrau
- Moon-painted over original mix with OPI Alpine Snow
- Clouds-mix of China Glaze Snow and Orly Liquid Vinyl
- Branches-mix of OPI Warm Me Up and Smitten Polish Cocoa & Cardis
- Owls-mix of China Glaze Snow and OPI My Vampire Is Buff
- Owl wings-mix of China Glaze Snow, Orly Liquid Vinyl, and OPI Warm Me Up
- Owl tummy-mix of China Glaze Snow, OPI My Vampire Is Buff, ad OPI Warm Me Up
- Owl beak and feet-mix of Zoya Creamy and Zoya Arizona
- Owl eyes-Zoya Creamy
All products purchased by me