(please excuse the poor photo quality, I had to work quickly and it was easier and faster to use my iPod camera)
- Create your sticker stencil by punching a sticker with a heart-shaped hole punch. If you do not have a heart-shaped hole punch, you can try folding your sticker in half (leave the backing on) and cutting half a heart shape along the fold. This should leave you with a symmetrical heart. If you do not have stickers, you can try bandages or tape (applying your tape to a piece of waxed paper should work to provide a backing, though I haven't tried this yet).
- Paint your accent nail with a light color (I used 3 coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff) and top with a fast-drying top coat like Seche Vite.
- Paint the rest of your nails with your textured polish (I used two coats of JulieG Ho Ho Ho).
- Wait a while. Your accent nail needs to be very dry in order to apply and remove the sticker stencil safely. I waited over an hour.
- Use a dotting tool or toothpick to mark the center of your accent nail with a dot of polish. My nail was dry enough but ever so slightly dentable, so I just made a little indent. You could also use a fine-tipped permanent marker to mark the center. I have photoshopped in a dot for this photo.
- Using the dot as your guide, center your sticker stencil on your nail.
- Paint your textured polish over your stencil and carefully remove the stencil immediately.
- Enjoy your easy Valentine's Day nail art!
All products purchased by me