Hey folks! Just wanted to show you a quickie nail art post and give you a break from all the piggies! If it were up to me, it might be all pigs all the time, but I'm guessing you would all get sick of that ;-)
Before we get started, I'd like to point out that I used these decals the wrong way on purpose. You are supposed to just stick the shapes on your nail and top coat them. If you use them the wrong way, it likely won't look perfect, so be prepared for that. If you would like to see You Polish nail decals better suited to this style of use, check out my other post HERE! If you enjoy challenging yourself, keep reading!
How I Did It:
- Apply a base color (in this case, Colors by Llarowe Blonde Ambition) and add fast-dry top coat. Make sure you let it dry for a long time (I waited until the next day, but you could probably get away with only wating two hours or so).
- Choose your accent nails and apply your decals. It may help to lessen the sticky-ness of the decals by handling the sticky sides a bit before laying them down on the nail.
- Paint over your decals with your accent color (in this case, Colors by Llarowe CbL Addicts Blue Me Away). You must use a very opaque "one-coater" type of polish.
- In good lighting, find the edges of your decals. Using tweezers, grasp the edge of each decal and then peel off the decal. You must do this while your accent color is still wet.
- I then chose to give the butterflies bodies using my accent color and a thin nail art brush.
- Allow to dry for a while and add fast-dry top coat to your accent nails. It is best to "float" a blob of top coat over the design so the brush does not make contact with the nail and form smears.
There are 3 kinds of butterflies on the butterfly decal sheets. You get more than 6 butterflies, don't worry! I just wanted to show a close-up!
I'm hoping that You Polish will release stencil versions of their small shapes someday! In the meantime, I'll just use them the wrong way, haha. A sheet of 72 butterfly decals sells for $5.50. You can buy YouPolish nail decals HERE and follow the brand on Facebook HERE.
Decals provided for review