L-R: Smitten Polish Forever Home, ALIQUID Lacquer Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee!, Dollish Polish Pig Art, Darling Diva Teacups Are For Tea, Elevation Polish Blue Skies Over Ross Mill, Indigo Bananas A Pig Fell In the Mud
- The auction will take place on The Sparkling Hoard Facebook page. The auction photo album will go up later tonight.
- The auction will run from 12am Eastern on June 23rd to 11pm Eastern on June 27th.
- Facebook does not always put photo comments in order, so before you bid, make sure you look through the bids carefully to find the number to beat.
- The "5-minute rule" will apply. What does this mean? If someone bids on an item within the last 5 minutes of the auction, the end time is extended by 5 minutes. Every time someone bids after this point, the auction is again extended by 5 minutes. For example, if Susie bids on Pig Art at 10:57pm Eastern then the auction is extended until 11:02pm. If Jill places a bid on Pig Art at 11:01pm, the auction is then extended until 11:06pm. Susie and Jill may end up in a "bidding war," so this could go on for several minutes until one of them gives up and more than 5 minutes passes after the last bid.
- Bids must be in whole dollar amounts (If the last bid is $20, you cannot bid $20.01. You must bid $21 or more).
- Winners will send their donations directly to Pig Placement Network. If you win an auction, please wait for me to message you with instructions before sending in your donation. I have to tell you what to put in the note accompanying your payment to the charity. PPN treasurer Eileen Wanamaker will then verify your payment so I can send out your polish.
- Winners must also send me money to pay for shipping ($3 within the US, $7 to Canada). If you live outside the US/Canada, you must find a trustworthy friend within the US/Canada to serve as your "mule" because I'm not very experienced in overseas shipping.
- Please be respectful and kind to each other! If you get into a bidding war with someone, duke it out with numbers, not unkind words!
- Good luck! Let's help the pigs!
I lost the auction/cannot participate in the auction, but I still want to help the pigs! What can I do?
- You can donate to Pig Placement Network HERE.
- You can sponsor a pig at Ross Mill Farm HERE.
- You can volunteer.
- You can buy pig art (please note that the folks at PPN are very busy and that the gallery may be outdated. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for pig art updates!).
- You can send much-needed supplies directly to Ross Mill Farm & Piggy Camp! Check out their Amazon wishlist HERE.
- PPN is registered with Amazon Smile as "Society for the Advancement of Pet Pigs Inc." If you add PPN as your charity on your Amazon account, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charity.
- You can adopt a pig.
I'd just like to take a moment to thank all the amazing indie makers who participated in this auction. Noelie, Alison, Dolly, Carrie, Lulu, and Andrea...you guys are all so incredibly kind and talented and I cannot thank you enough for helping me with this! While I was willing to pay for all of the polishes, you ladies helped me out big time by donating the auction bottles (and in some cases, the swatch bottles as well!). Thank you so much for responding so enthusiastically to my somewhat offbeat fundraising project. It really means the world to me <3